Annons

check engine light blinking

Hey,
I will write in English, but feel free to answer in Swedish or English
Any advice would be appreciated

I have 2009 Kia Ceed 1,6 Crdi. with about 150000 km
I have had the car maybe 9 months and drive 75% highway, with little traffic. 110 km daily commute. So automatic regeneration should be happening quite often for me from what I have understood.
I don't get warning light for regeneration and never noticed a difference in the way the car drives while regenerating.
I don't know how the 1 owner drove before me but they did about 20000 km/yr.

Now you have a little history on the car. About 3 weeks ago I drove somewhere and when I got out I smelled burning smell near the back left wheel area. I sort of forgot about it and then on the way home, the check engine light started blinking, not right away, but after 15 minutes. I don't know if these 2 things are related with the smell and the light. I never smelled that smell again after the first time.
I took it to a local mechanic and the read the codes and he said it was problem with DPF- dont rememer the code he said it was. In the instruction manual, it also says a blinking check engine lamp means there is a problem with the DPF.

He cleared the fault and said I probably needed to replace DPF, and then I drove about 2-3 weeks with no problems at all, and it started flashing again yesterday. I was able to borrow a cheap code reader from a friend and cleared it myself today - code said p2002 (I think), btu seemed like a generic code

This is my first Diesel car and my biggest worry about buying a diesel was DPF problems.

I cant find so much online. Do you think I need to replace it, or should i be checking come electrical connections or something else. It is expensive for a new DPF I found one for about 6000 SEK. I don't know about labor costs yet. I don't mind fixing this problem, but only if this is the problem. I plan on having this car for a few more years, if it behaves.

Is it ok to clear the codes and then drive again over and over again? I would think if it is very serious, then the lamp wouldn't wait 2-3 weeks to come on again.

With my type of long distance driving, should the DPF need to be replaced. I know so little about them.

Any info about what experience any of you have had. It seems reasonable they the regeneration process is not working properly, but like I said, i drive long highway distance 8-10 times a week. Is the problem most likely the filter or something else?

I don't know if it is important, but I changed tohe oil back in November with Castrol Synthetic 5w40. I have recently been filling up diesel at a cheaper gas station in Denmark. (I don't know if this can have caused some problems)

Has anyone had this problem and know what to check for?
Regards,
Scott
Annons

Re: check engine light blinking

Hi,

I cant answer all your questions but I had a Kia Ceed 1.6 Crdi before and the engine light started to light. For me it was the EGR. But if they say that its the DPF it problably is. I know that you can do a cleaning of the DPF, some manufacturer does that instead of a whole replacement of the DPF. You should maybe look in to that and the cost of that.

The smell you felt sounds like your car did a automatic cleaning of the DPF. That kind of cleaning happends every 500-1000km, it happends when the car needs it and the temperature are high enough. You should let the car finish that cleaning to make sure the car does this cleanings to make sure that the DPF will work.

Cant give you more answers than that. My knowledge of car engiens is not good enough :thumbdown:

Hope you get some good answers by some who knows more.
Kia Optima SW 1,7 CRDi GT Line Plus 2018 : Silky Silver Metallic

Gamla bilar:
• Kia Cee’d SW 1,6 CRDi Komfort 2014 : Dark Gun Metal Metallic
• Kia Pro’Ceed 2.0 CRDi 2008 : Svartmetallic

Re: check engine light blinking

Check the rubber hoses from DPF to the differential pressure sensor (right rear of engine). If they are cracked or leaking the readings will be way off causing a constant regeneration and also have someone with proper diagnostics read the dpf diff pressure values while driving to make sure the sensor is working. The dpf is a cDPF and should last for more than 200k km atleast. I dont think your filter is broken..
- Riktiga män luktar diesel---
Skriv svar

Återgå till "Generella diskussioner"